Kate Rusby is one of my favorite artists. She wrote the music to this song, and sings it as well. I do not know who wrote the lyrics, but they express very much how I feel about my life, as well as the forest. The animation is cute, too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Little Jack Frost
Here is a tale of the trees in a wood
They were never that pleased on the land that they stood.
So they upped and they walked as far as they could
'Til they felt the sun shine on their branches.
I was little boy lost, and I was little boy blue
I am little Jack Frost but I am warm through and through
It's not easy to hide when your heart's on full view
Oh, tonight, cruel world be forgiving
Oh, for once in my life I am living.
There they did stand and there they did stay
When there came a young boy who was running away
From a mad world, a bad world, a world of decay
And it's comfort he sought in their branches
I was little boy lost, and I was little boy blue
I am little Jack Frost and but I am warm through and through
It's not easy to hide when your heart's on full view
Oh, tonight, cruel world be forgiving
Oh, for once in my life I am living.
There we found love and there we found joy
And the warmth in his heart oh, it filled the young boy
And his friends taught him magic and secrets of old
While the trees kept him safe with their branches.
I was little boy lost, and I was little boy blue
I am little Jack Frost but I am warm through and through
It's not easy to hide when your heart's on full view
Oh, tonight cruel world be forgiven.
I was little boy lost, and I was little boy blue
I'm little Jack Frost but I am warm through and through
It's not easy to hide when your heart's on full view
Oh, tonight, cruel world be forgiving
Oh, for once in my life I am living.
So they upped and they walked as far as they could
'Til they felt the sun shine on their branches.
I was little boy lost, and I was little boy blue
I am little Jack Frost but I am warm through and through
It's not easy to hide when your heart's on full view
Oh, tonight, cruel world be forgiving
Oh, for once in my life I am living.
There they did stand and there they did stay
When there came a young boy who was running away
From a mad world, a bad world, a world of decay
And it's comfort he sought in their branches
I was little boy lost, and I was little boy blue
I am little Jack Frost and but I am warm through and through
It's not easy to hide when your heart's on full view
Oh, tonight, cruel world be forgiving
Oh, for once in my life I am living.
There we found love and there we found joy
And the warmth in his heart oh, it filled the young boy
And his friends taught him magic and secrets of old
While the trees kept him safe with their branches.
I was little boy lost, and I was little boy blue
I am little Jack Frost but I am warm through and through
It's not easy to hide when your heart's on full view
Oh, tonight cruel world be forgiven.
I was little boy lost, and I was little boy blue
I'm little Jack Frost but I am warm through and through
It's not easy to hide when your heart's on full view
Oh, tonight, cruel world be forgiving
Oh, for once in my life I am living.
I like the woods, too, Sam. It's my favorite landscape. When we lived in Charleston, SC, we used to go to a park that used to be an old fort, Fort Dorchester, with tall trees and river running through it. Now we live at the convergence of the Texas Hill Country with the Great Plains of the Texas west, so we have woods, mesas, and flatlands all very close.
ReplyDeleteI love the Celtic flavor of the music, too. She has a pretty voice.
I have most of Kate's CD's. She is considered the premier folk artist in Britain right now. I wish she would do an American tour, but she mostly stays close to home in the English mid-lands.
ReplyDeleteThe most beautiful forest I have ever seen is the Joyce Kilmer National Forest in western NC. It is one of the last remaining old-growth forests on the eastern seaboard. It's like being inside a grand cathedral.