One of the questions which has been on my mind for a long time is this: Is the human brain a receptacle for consciousness, or is it rather a transmitter?
I have read about and heard hundreds of accounts of the near-death experience. Now, I have seen a documentary which examines how it can be replicated in the lab, and what this implies regarding the synthesis of (objective) science and (subjective) spirituality. Do two levels of reality intersect at the pineal gland in the center of the brain? Is there a chemical in all living things which permits access to a higher level of consciousness and awareness?
I especially appreciated the detailed first-hand accounts in the latter half of this film about the specifics of the experience, as well as comments towards the end regarding the anxiety and fear in most of us at the thought of our own death, and at how this might be ameliorated.
No comments:
Post a Comment